This listing is for the city42 prototype units. These units are tested and ready to ship. There is a separate listing for the production units of the city42, which will ship in October 2023
The city42 is a 42 key low profile ergonomic unibody split keyboard inspired by the Corne (CRKBD) and designed for Kailh Choc switches. Key features include:
- Fully pre-built with no assembly required.
- CNC milled, anodized aluminum case including top and bottom plate. Switches mount directly in the integrated top plate for extra rigidity.
- RP2040 processor with 16 MB flash memory
- 40mm Cirque trackpad controller
- Per-key LEDs
- "Chocolate" spacing: switches are spaced 18mm (width) x 17mm (height) apart
- USB-C port with over-current and ESD protection
- Hot-swap sockets for Kailh "choc" PG1350 low profile switches. Switches come pre-installed and tested if ordered with a keyboard.
- Pre-loaded with QMK Firmware and Via GUI support
- Premium construction: RoHS components, lead-free solder paste on all PCBs.
Required for Operation:
- 42 Kailh "Chocolate" switches
- 40 Kailh "Chocolate" 1u keycaps
- 2 Kailh "Chocolate" 1.5u keycaps
- 1 USB-C cable
|Feature||city42 Low Profile||Corne Chocolate|
||Depends on micro-controller board, TRRS|
|Program Memory||16 MB||1 KB|
|Clock||133 MHz||16 MHz|
|Lighting||Per-key||Per-key and back-light optional|
|Pointing||40mm Cirque trackpad||N/A|
|Backplate||CNC machined aluminum
|Switches||Kailh Chocolate only|
|Keycaps||Chocolate spacing only||MX spacing
|Circuit Protection||ESD and over-current on USB-C||N/A|
Aluminum case and FR4 main board.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
International shipping can be complex. Please ask on chat for custom shipping quotes for international orders. Key cap sets can be shipped in a small bag or in the original packaging for an additional charge.